List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 10 1999 6:17am
Subject:Help Please: Trying to Use BLOBS with MS Access via MYODBC
View as plain text
>>>>> "Todd" == Todd Stiers <tas@stripped> writes:

Todd> Hi,
Todd> When I use MS Access 97 to connect to mysql 3.22 using myodbc2.50.22(?)
Todd> my blob fields show up as

Todd> OLE Object

Todd> Reading the list archives, some MS programs allow fields to be
Todd> interpreted as
Todd> memos rather than simply text, but I have been unsuccessful at finding
Todd> out how
Todd> to do this with Access.

Todd> Any help/knowledge here would be appreciated. If its impossible, I need
Todd> to know
Todd> so I can do the fixed text thing.

Todd> Thanks
Todd> Todd

Hi!

Just use ALTER TABLE to convert the BLOB to TEXT and it should work!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Help Please: Trying to Use BLOBS with MS Access via MYODBCTodd Stiers10 Jun
  • RE: Help Please: Trying to Use BLOBS with MS Access via MYODBCBrian Andrews10 Jun
  • Help Please: Trying to Use BLOBS with MS Access via MYODBCMichael Widenius10 Jun