List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 9 1999 3:33pm
Subject:Problem w/MyODBC and Visual FoxPro 6.x
View as plain text
>>>>> "Phillip" == Phillip Grant <pgrant@stripped> writes:

Phillip> Hello All,
Phillip> I'm having a weird problem running an app that generates an SQL INSERT
Phillip> string and then executes it against a MySQL database.  Goes something like
Phillip> this:

Phillip> lcString = "INSERT INTO tablename VALUES ( 'abc', 123, 'Here is the problem
Phillip> \?', 456, 'xyz' )"
Phillip> x = SQLEXEC( lnConnectionNum, lcString, "TmpCursor" )

Phillip> The code is superfluous, and it doesn't matter if you don't understand VFP
Phillip> syntax.  The key is the "?".  Even though I escape the question mark with
Phillip> the "\" as I'm supposed to, It is still getting treated as a view parameter.
Phillip> The ODBC driver reports back to VFP that it needs input, and VFP dutifully
Phillip> puts up a dialog asking the user:

Phillip> "Please input a value for: ', 456, 'xyz' )"

Phillip> Any ideas?  I am also experiencing other 'escape' character problems,
Phillip> although I am following the MySQL/MyODBC documentation to the letter.  Any
Phillip> and all help is greatly appreciated.

Phillip> Phillip Grant
Phillip> Grant Computer Consulting
Phillip> pgrant@stripped

Hi!

Any change that you can mail me a MyODBC trace file that shows this?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Proxy accessGarry Shtern17 Apr
  • Proxy accessMichael Widenius17 Apr
  • RE: Proxy accessBrian Andrews21 Apr
    • Re: Proxy accessh.kapper25 Apr
    • Problem w/MyODBC and Visual FoxPro 6.xPhillip Grant9 Jun
      • Problem w/MyODBC and Visual FoxPro 6.xMichael Widenius9 Jun