List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 6 1999 7:46pm
Subject:unixODBC - SQL_BEST_ROWID
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Harvey <pharvey@stripped> writes:

Peter> Monty,
Peter> Here is my trace file (only has DM logging... see previous post).

Peter> This was generated from the use of unixODBC-DataManager. I basically
Peter> drilled down to Tables and then Columns and then Special Columns. I
Peter> ended up with two Special columns called 2.

Peter> I have not looked further inot it yet.

Peter> Peter Harvey

Peter> BTW: The table was something like this...

Peter> create table tbTest ( vcFirstName varchar(100), vcLastName varchar(100)
Peter> )

Peter> ...no indexs etc

Hi!

I have checked the source code of SQLSpecialColumns but couldn't find
anything wrong;  I will try to later today test it troughly.

By the way:

------
[ODBC][14059][SQLSpecialColumns.c][263]
		Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
[ODBC][14059][SQLFetch.c][67]
		Entry:
			Statement = 0x8096138
[ODBC][14059][SQLFetch.c][200]
		Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
[ODBC][14059][SQLGetData.c][77]
		Entry:
			Statement = 0x8096138
			Column Number = 1           <------------
			Target Type = 1 SQL_CHAR
			Buffer Length = 101
			StrLen Or Ind = (nil)
[ODBC][14059][SQLGetData.c][237]
		Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
			Buffer = [2]
			Strlen Or Ind = NULLPTR

Shouldn't 'Column Number' be 2?  Column mumber 1 is 'SCOPE';  The
column name is in column number 2!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
unixODBC - SQL_BEST_ROWIDPeter Harvey6 Jun
  • unixODBC - SQL_BEST_ROWIDMichael Widenius6 Jun
  • Re: unixODBC - SQL_BEST_ROWIDPeter Harvey7 Jun
    • Re: unixODBC - SQL_BEST_ROWIDMichael Widenius7 Jun