List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:June 6 1999 3:19am
Subject:Re: unixODBC - MyODBC
View as plain text
> MySQL only supports table name sizes up to 64;  Do you really have
> table names with more than 64 characters?

No. I was passing the buffer size and not the table name length. I
changed this to SQL_NTS and the problem is gone. Just did not expect the
error from this situation. No real problem.

> Peter> 2. There still seem to be some issues with StarOffice 5.0 and
> Peter> MyODBC.  One can create a StarOffice db fine but not all
> Peter> functionality is availible. I guess its something for future
> Peter> consideration.
>
> Do you have any ideas about this?  Have you tried to get a trace file
> of this?

No... but I plan on revisiting this during my next test session.

> Peter> 3. The DataManager is picking up two SQLSpecialColumns, each
> Peter> called '2'.  Apparently MyODBC does not handle
> Peter> SQL_BEST_ROWID. I have to look at this closer but I would
> Peter> imagine that it would be required for positional update/delete
> Peter> as a first choice to determine the row id. I also think the
> Peter> result set expected may differ from the result set generated in
> Peter> terms of column order.
>
> MyODBC should be able to handle both SQL_BEST_ROWID and SQLROWVER
> without problems.
>
> Can you get mail me an MyODBC trace file that shows this?

No... but I plan on revisiting this during my next test session. Note; a
"grep  SQL_BEST_ROWID *" on the sources shows no refs.

> Peter> These changes, and many enhancements, are in unixODBC cvs and
> Peter> will be out in the next distribution... expected within days.

Peter Harvey

Thread
unixODBC - MyODBCPeter Harvey5 Jun
  • unixODBC - MyODBCMichael Widenius6 Jun
  • Re: unixODBC - MyODBCPeter Harvey6 Jun
    • Re: unixODBC - MyODBCMichael Widenius6 Jun