List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 4 1999 7:01pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC through a firewall/proxy
View as plain text
JDavid@stripped wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use MyODBC to connect to MySQL when you are going
> through a Proxy Server/Firewall.  It is working fine when I dial into the
> net, however I am primarily connected via a high speed lan connection which
> goes through the proxy/firewall for security reasons.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John

What's your problem with this?

You only have to open your firewall, so you can get out.

If you don't want to open the mysql port in general, provide a proxy port on the firewall
to reroute to the desired mysql host port outside.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
MyODBC through a firewall/proxyJDavid4 Jun
  • Re: MyODBC through a firewall/proxyChristian Mack4 Jun