List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M.-A. Lemburg Date:June 3 1999 4:01pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC / iODBC leaks on Linux
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:

> M> Hi,
> M> I've downloaded the latest MyODBC driver and iODBC manager and
> M> tested them for memory leakage. Unfortunately, the leakage
> M> I reported months ago is still there. Even worse, it seems to
> M> have increased.
>
> M> The strange thing is that the leakage only occurs on Linux,
> M> not with the latest driver for Win95, yet both platforms run the
> M> same test code.
>
> If you can you make a full example that shows some memory leaks I
> could probably find out what's wrong!

The test code is actually a test script I'm using for my
Python extension mxODBC. You can download a prerelease version
from:

   http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxODBC-pre1.1.1.zip

The package needs Python >= 1.5 to be installed on the machine,
plus the mxDateTime package available from:

   http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxDateTime.html

To install the mxODBC package for MySQL, follow the instructions
on the web-page:

   http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxODBC.html

If you're on Linux, I've created a binary libc5 version,
which you only have to unzip to /usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages:

   http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxODBC-mxDateTime.zip

I haven't tested it though, so it may not run on your
Linux installation (it's basically an extract of my current
setup).

The test script mentioned above is ODBC/Misc/test.py.
To run it, call python .../ODBC/Misc/test.py and answer
MySQL to the first querstion.

To check for memory leakage the script can execute
in an infinite loop. To stop it, simply hit Ctrl-C. It will
generate quite a few tables in the database you point it at,
so creating a new temporary database may be a good idea.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   211 days left

Does the odbc Driver of MySql support updating blob columns?Samir Guermach2 Jun
  • Does the odbc Driver of MySql support updating blob columns?Michael Widenius3 Jun
  • MyODBC / iODBC leaks on LinuxM.-A. Lemburg3 Jun
    • MyODBC / iODBC leaks on LinuxMichael Widenius3 Jun
  • Re: MyODBC / iODBC leaks on LinuxM.-A. Lemburg3 Jun