List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:51am
Subject:Does the odbc Driver of MySql support updating blob columns?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Samir" == Samir Guermach <gu@stripped> writes:

Samir> Hi
Samir> I was charged with testing the MySql Server and its odbc driver, to find out if
> it can work with the applications we wrote,
Samir> in order to use MySql on our mobile computers
Samir> I had problems writing or updating blob columns.
Samir> I'm using MySql version 3.21.29a-gamma, and the odbc driver 2.50.22.
Samir> The following piece of code is not working:

Samir>     char buff[40000];
Samir>     long cbdataPtr=SQL_DATA_AT_EXEC;
Samir>     SQLBindParameter(statement,(),1,SQL_PARAM_INPUT,
Samir>                                  SQL_C_BINARY,SQL_LONGVARBINARY,
Samir>                                  40000,0,(void*)1,40000,&cbdataPtr);
Samir>     rc=SQLExecDirect(statement,"insert into testtable values(?)",SQL_NTS)
Samir>     void* token;
Samir>     if(rc!=SQL_SUCCESS)
Samir>     {
Samir>         if(rc==SQL_NEED_DATA)
Samir>         {
Samir>             while((rc=SQLParamData(statement,&token))==SQL_NEED_DATA)
Samir>             {
Samir>                 if(rc!=SQL_NEED_DATA)
Samir>                 {
Samir>                     cout<<"error occured"<<endl;
Samir>                 }
Samir>                rc= SQLPutData(statement.stmt(),buff,40000);
Samir>             }
Samir>         }
Samir>         else
Samir>         {
Samir>             cout<<"error occured"<<endl;
Samir>         }
Samir>     }

Samir> testtable contains only a blob column. Everything seem to be correct but in the
> table there are no results wrote and the table is still empty.

Samir> Thanks in advance

Samir>
>                            Samir Guermach
Samir>
>                             Insiders GmbH
Samir>
>                              gu@stripped

Hi!

Could you mail me a MyODBC trace file when you run the above?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Does the odbc Driver of MySql support updating blob columns?Samir Guermach2 Jun
  • Does the odbc Driver of MySql support updating blob columns?Michael Widenius3 Jun
  • MyODBC / iODBC leaks on LinuxM.-A. Lemburg3 Jun
    • MyODBC / iODBC leaks on LinuxMichael Widenius3 Jun
  • Re: MyODBC / iODBC leaks on LinuxM.-A. Lemburg3 Jun