List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pat Sherrill Date:January 3 2001 12:57pm
Subject:Re: set Driver MyODBC
View as plain text
You don't need Samba to connect to a MySQL server on linux.

To use MyODBC on a win9x machine:

            1. Download the appropriate myodbc zip from a MySQL Mirror.
            2. Install MyODBC
            3. Create a DSN (usually through the ODBC32 control panel)
pointing to your MySQL Server and Database
            4. Use your 3rd party ODBC compliant application to talk to you
DB through the DSN you created in step 3.

Keep in mind, a TIMESTAMP column and an AUTO_INCREMENT column in each table
will ensure updateable tables in most ODBC compliant products.

I hope this helps...

Pat...
patrick@stripped

BTW when using MS Access or other products using the Jet Database, I have
found creating a link table in MS Access (linking to the DSN created in step
3) facilitates movement through the result sets.