List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bob Stickel Date:May 18 1999 2:09pm
Subject:myodbc errors with mysql database
View as plain text
I have installed myodbc under NT4 and have added my datasource
(flights983)...I have used the following in the dialog box for mysyql odbc
when I added the dsn....using root with no password and port 3306 (default):

Windows DSN name: flights983
MySQL host (name or ip): 10.13.2.50
MySQL database name: aerial
User: root
Password:
SQL command on connect:

The error is:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

/mysql/search982.asp, line 35

the code at line 35 from my asp page:

Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Conn.Open Application("DSN"), Application("DBUser"),
Application("DBPassword")

my global.asa:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>
SUB Application_OnStart
Application("DSN")="flights983"
Application("DBUser")="root"
Application("DBPassword")=""
END SUB
</SCRIPT>

I am presuming that the connection type is wrong and should be
mysql.connection or something like that....

Can anyone shed some light on this connection under mysql? Would I be better
off to use a dsnless connection something like:

Public rdoCnx As rdoConnection
Public rdoEn As rdoEnvironment

Set rdoEn = rdoEnvironments(0)
Set rdoCnx = rdoEn.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, False,  _

"DNS=flights983;Driver={MySQL};Server=10.0.0.200;Database=aerial;UID=root;PW
D=;")

the dsnless lines above came from the mysqlwin32 and were posted by Gabriel
Bouzy....I haven't tried them yet...I just found them a few minutes ago.....

Thanks

Bob

Thread
myodbc errors with mysql databaseBob Stickel18 May