List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Calistra Research Labs Date:March 15 1999 10:31am
Subject:(Fwd) Re: myodbc & Optima++ 1.5
View as plain text
Version 1.5 has datawindow support. Use datawindows.
I have been digging into the query / navigator problem and it is not
too promising as yet. I got bidirectional but could not edit the data
that way. You get bidirectional by messing with the transaction
object (not the query object as you would expect).
The query objects are still useful - you can update data etc. with
them with coded SQL.

FYI - the Calistra ODBC mySQL Administrator is written in
Power++ (Optima renamed).

> I am attempting to get the combination of MySQL (on a Linux box) to talk to
> Optima++ on a MS-Windows98 box via mysqlOdbc (2.50.1700)
>
> I have this working well using MS-Access.
>
> When I use Optima++ I get the form working, the test says connection is
> achieved but when I try and scroll through the records (with a navigation
> control) I can only go forwards one record at a time.  I cannot go backwards
> or use the go to either end of the record set.
>
> Any ideas, does this have something to do with the lack of support for
> cursors?
>
> Thanks Roger

Dave Appleton		Calistra Research Labs Pte Ltd
Tel : +65-9-640-2960	111 North Bridge Rd #21-01
Fax : 756-6058		Peninsular Plaza
                        Singapore 179098
Machine Vision Systems
Interactive Voice Response Systems Development
IT Consultants & Custom Software Development
mySQL Database Consultants / Developers
Thread
(Fwd) Re: myodbc & Optima++ 1.5Calistra Research Labs15 Mar