List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 11 1999 7:29am
Subject:Re: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBA
View as plain text
>>>>> "Philip" == Philip A Chapman <pchapman@stripped> writes:

Philip> I don't have a problem connecting if the user supplies the correct UserID and
Philip> PassWord.  The problem is that the MyODBC driver dialog box displayes if they
Philip> give an incorrect UserID or PassWord.  I want my error trapping to catch that
Philip> and attempt up to three tries, where the user is requeried for UserID and
Philip> PassWord.  As it is now, if they enter an incorrect UserID the dialog box
Philip> will display.  If they then enter a correct ID and password in the MyODBC
Philip> driver dialog, it connects.  If they supply the incorrect values in the
Philip> MyODBC driver dialog as well, or click Cancel, then control is returned to my
Philip> code and error trapping runs.

Hi!

MySQL will only display the prompt if you call it with:

fDriverCompletion == SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE
or
fDriverCompletion == SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED

(fDriverCompletion is the last argument to SQLDriverConnect)

Try calling it it with SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAPhilip A. Chapman6 May
  • RE: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAPhillip Grant6 May
    • Re: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAPhilip A. Chapman6 May
      • Re: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAMichael Widenius11 May
    • Re: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAPhilip A. Chapman11 May
      • RE: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAPhillip Grant12 May
        • Re: Connecting to MySQL using Access and VBAPhilip A. Chapman12 May