List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 11 1999 7:39am
Subject:data truncated
View as plain text
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Farmer <farmerr@stripped>
> writes:

Richard> Hi,
Richard>  I am having problems using mysql with powerbuilder.  Whenever I try to
Richard> do a retrieve from the database with an argument i get a data truncated
Richard> error. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Hi!

Try the 'Don't optimize column width' MyODBC connect option!

If this doesn't help, please read MyODBC README file how to make a
MyODBC trace file.  By examining this file you may be able to figure
out what is happening!

Normally you should not get 'data truncated' if not powerbuilder
explicit requests data to be returned in too short columns.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
data truncatedRichard Farmer6 May
  • Re: data truncatedChristian Mack7 May
  • data truncatedMichael Widenius11 May
Re: data truncatedCalistra Research Labs11 May