List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 7 1999 10:11am
Subject:Re: data truncated
View as plain text
Richard Farmer wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am having problems using mysql with powerbuilder.  Whenever I try to
> do a retrieve from the database with an argument i get a data truncated
> error. Does anyone know why this is happening?
>
>         Richard Farmer
>         ARL

Hi Richard

Not sufficient infos!!!
Give an example query!
Give us the table structure!
Give us your MyODBC options!

Perhaps the rows you get back are too wide.
Then you have to set the 'Read options from C:\my.cnf' option and set a larger
max_allowed_packet for MyODBC.

Perhaps you get too many rows back.
Then you have to use the option 'Allow BIG results'.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
data truncatedRichard Farmer6 May
  • Re: data truncatedChristian Mack7 May
  • data truncatedMichael Widenius11 May
Re: data truncatedCalistra Research Labs11 May