List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Americo Motoya Date:March 15 1999 2:08am
Subject:Memory Leak
View as plain text
We are evaluating MySql + MyODBC for Win32 and we are close to register the
version.

But we are experiencing problems with memory leak after several queries
("select * from", "select cout(*)") through recordset method in ASP.

We have Win95 as a Web client and the server side is a Win98 with PWS. The
version of MySQL is 3.21.29 gamma and MyODBC is 2.50.19.

The MySql client code is as follows (just for tests):

        objCM = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command");
        objCM.ActiveConnection="DSN=dbEmpresas;UID=query_uid;PWD=query_pwd";
        strSQLIn = "SELECT * FROM " + TableName;
        objCM.CommandText=strSQLIn;
        objCM.Execute();
        objCM.Close;

The same code with MS-ACCESS+ODBC works fine!
I have tried other methods of connection and the result is the same.

Have any problem of this kind in the shareware version?

Thanks for reply.

Americo

Thread
Memory LeakAmerico Motoya15 Mar