List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Cornelius Date:March 11 1999 9:48am
Subject:How do I install MyODBC?
View as plain text
I want to be able to access a MySQL database from Microsoft Access running
on Windows 95.

My understanding is that in order to do this I need to install the MyOBDC
driver.  I have obtained a copy of myodbc-2.50.22-dll.zip and put the two
DLLs into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.  I think I need to register
this as a driver, because when I try to create a new data source, the
MyODBC driver does not appear in the list of known drivers.

When I go to ODBC in the Control Panel, and then click on the "ODBC
Drivers" tab, there is no Add button.  The Help information says:  "Note
that this dialog box no longer includes Add and Delete buttons to be used
to add or delete a driver.  An ODBC driver must be added or deleted
through the driver's setup program."  Unfortunately, MyODBC does not seem
to come with one of these.

--
Barry Cornelius                      Telephone: (0191 or +44 191) 374 4717
User Services, Information Technology Service,            Office: 374 2892

Thread
How do I install MyODBC?Barry Cornelius11 Mar
  • Re: How do I install MyODBC?Christian Mack11 Mar
  • How do I install MyODBC?Michael Widenius11 Mar