List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andreas Lund Date:April 30 1999 8:21am
Subject:Re: Sharing MyODBC .dsn files across a network
View as plain text
>> I need to know if anyone else has any experience with sharing
>> .dsn files
>> across a network. The idea behind File Data Sources is
>> ofcourse that you
>> create the .dsn file and put it where other people can reach
>> it. The problem
>> is that I have three PCs, one running NT4, one Win95 and one
>> Win98. Not one
>> of them will accept a .dsn file unless it is located in the local Data
>> Sources directory.

[snip]

>Try to put your File in a shared network drive mapped to a common drive
>letter (i.e. l: connected to \\Biomet\SharedDSN)

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but all I get is "ODBC call failed"

-Andreas Lund.
Ano-Tech Computers
floyd@stripped
++ Time flies when you don't know what you're doing ++

Thread
Sharing MyODBC .dsn files across a networkAndreas Lund29 Apr
Re: Sharing MyODBC .dsn files across a networkAndreas Lund30 Apr