List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<davcam Date:April 29 1999 7:31pm
Subject:Visual Basic, mysql, and Linux
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm brand new to mysql. I have installed it on my linux 2.0.35 box and it
seems to run fine. I can do queries and inserts etc...

I would like to write front-ends in Visual Basic 5 and use myODBC to
connect to mysql.
Are there any FAQs or any fairly step by step help for this topic?
I don't know if I should use DAO or RDO but I would really like to see
some skeleton code that will actually make the connection.

If this is old stuff, sorry in advance. Any pointers to this info would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Thread
Visual Basic, mysql, and Linuxdavcam29 Apr