List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 28 1999 9:01am
Subject:Visual Basic, MySQL
View as plain text
>>>>> "jasons" == jasons  <jasons@stripped> writes:

jasons> I am having a problem updating rows using visual basic and mysql
jasons> odbc driver, the database is located on another host.  I can manual
jasons> update all of the fields correctly. The real problem comes into play
jasons> when i try to update certain fields.  I am currently using rdo to
jasons> connect to the other host running a mysql server.  Once connect I
jasons> try to add a new row, and the database will not update the
jasons> complete entry from my VB application. I have found that the
jasons> application will only update the maximum amount of characters
jasons> that already exists in the field.  However, I can update it manual
jasons> and the entry will work correctly.

jasons> Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

Try ticking the option 'Don't optimize column width' option on the
MyODBC connect screen!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Visual Basic, MySQLjasons28 Apr
  • Visual Basic, MySQLMichael Widenius28 Apr