List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:April 27 1999 11:43am
Subject:Re: Access/MyODBC problem?? (urgent)
View as plain text
Richard Bemrose wrote:

> Hello,
>
> [Sorry if this article was poster twice - my workstation hung on me!]
>
> We are experiencing problem while trying to export a table from MS Access
> to MySQL using MyODBC. We can only manage to export the table 'foo' to the
> 'bar' database on our SQL if the table does not previously exist. If it
> does exist, Access reports the following error message:
>
>    [TCX][MyODBC] Table 'foo' already exists [#1050]
>
> Any help/clues would be appreciated. Summary to follow.
>
> Regards,
> Rich

Hi Rich

I have exported Access tables only once.
Then I changed their contents by linking the mysql tables into Access.
This assumes, that you can use a connection to mysql while changing data.

If you cant use this way, just drop the table in mysql before exporting it from Access.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Access/MyODBC problem?? (urgent)Richard Bemrose26 Apr
  • Access/MyODBC problem?? (urgent)Richard Bemrose26 Apr
    • Re: Access/MyODBC problem?? (urgent)Christian Mack27 Apr