List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ocke Janssen Date:April 27 1999 11:13am
Subject:MySQL ODBC WNT 2.50.2100: BUG in SQLDescribeCol and SQL_CHAR types
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a problem with the SQLDescribeCol function call. When I try
following statement via ODBC to MySQL: select * from table1
and I have several text (SQL_CHAR) rows in this table, I recieve for the

pcbColDef value the max value of all rows of this column (select
max(length(columnX)) from table1 "or something like this").

I think this could be a bug, because column descriptions should not
depend on the value inside.

Greetings
Ocke Janssen

Thread
MySQL ODBC WNT 2.50.2100: BUG in SQLDescribeCol and SQL_CHAR typesOcke Janssen27 Apr
  • MySQL ODBC WNT 2.50.2100: BUG in SQLDescribeCol and SQL_CHAR typesMichael Widenius27 Apr