List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 12 1999 1:14pm
Subject:Re: MS Access & MyODBC
View as plain text
Doug Ledbetter wrote:

> I've tried using MS Access 97 to link to MySQL databases on a Linux server
> and limited success.
>
> I've had no trouble making the connection and viewing the data, but
> inserting and changing data has been a problem.
>
> Anybody else using MS Access to connect to a MySQL DB on a Unix server?
>
> Is there a better ODBC Client than Access to use?
>
> thanks,
> -dougl

Hi Doug

All your mysql tables you want to modify with Access must have:
a) a PRIMARY KEY
b) a TIMESTAMP field

Then updating works.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
MS Access & MyODBCDoug Ledbetter11 Mar
  • Re: MS Access & MyODBCOliver Artelt12 Mar
  • Re: MS Access & MyODBCChristian Mack12 Mar
Re: MS Access & MyODBCPatrick Sherrill12 Mar