List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kari Lempiainen Date:April 22 1999 5:23pm
Subject:Re: Why setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"English") in ODBC driver
View as plain text
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 05:05:27 +0300 (EEST), you wrote:

>The problem is that the SQL standard requires numbers to have '.' and
>not ','.
>
>MyODBC sets the locale to '.' to fix some problems in some
>applications involving ','.
>(Before I added the English locale, MyODBC had a lot of problems with
>some applications in different locales)
>
>As MyODBC normally returns float/double as floating point values, the
>locale shouldn't affect most applications.
>
>What exactly didn't work for you and what did you change to get this
>to work?

Hi Monty,

 The trouble was importing data to Microsoft Access and Excel thru
odbc interface. I have a column which is type double and both Excel
and Access imported data as integers (decimals dropped). If I remember
correctly, I first commented the setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"English") in
the function SQLGetData. After that Access and Excel worked ok. Then I
tried making a job in MS SQL Server 7.0 to periodically import that
table to SQL Server. It imported only integers... Then I commented all
the setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"English") lines (4 of them), and now SQL
Server imported the data ok.

Cheers,
Kari
--