List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hermann-Marcus Behrens Date:April 20 1999 11:04am
Subject:Problem with mysql/myodbc and VisualBasic 6 (ADO)
View as plain text
Hi!
I'm using mysql and myodbc now for awhile. It's working fine with MS-Access.
Now I switched to VisualBasic 6 and have the following problem:

I can't insert or update any data in my tables. I read the archive, so i
added a timestamp to every table. But this made no changed to the following
error-message:

 Binding Collection Error
 Field not updatable, Bound Property Name: Text, Field Name: Ort

I'm using the ADO-ctrl. Its working with the old data-ctrl...

The software versions i use: mysql 3.22.21 and myodbc 2.50.22,
WindowsNT 4(SP4), Visual Studio 6(SP2)

The only important thing(for me ;-)) in the myodbc-trace is:
| enter: Option: 6
| info: This may be wrong:  Change your application to use ODBC Manger
cursors or add 128 or 256 to your Option flag!

Please: Can someone help me? I tried to read as much documentation as i
could find, but i can't solve this problem alone ...

thanks in advanve,

 Hermann-Marcus Behrens

Thread
Problem with mysql/myodbc and VisualBasic 6 (ADO)Hermann-Marcus Behrens20 Apr
  • RE: Problem with mysql/myodbc and VisualBasic 6 (ADO)Brian Andrews20 Apr
RE: Problem with mysql/myodbc and VisualBasic 6 (ADO)Craig Petty20 Apr