List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 18 1999 1:03pm
Subject:Re: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???
View as plain text

Pat> Sorry, but to the best of my recollection, it's one DSN to one database.  In
Pat> Windows, the DSN basically gives you another way to find your ODBC
Pat> configuration for a given connection in what is intended to be a consistent
Pat> manner, no real magic here.  You can, of course have multiple tables within
Pat> that database.  What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Hi!

One can of course always use the 'use database' command to switch
databases any time!

Another solution is to always refer to tables with the
'database.table' syntax,

Regards,
Monty
Thread
One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Stephen Bognar18 Apr
  • Re: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Pat Sherrill18 Apr
    • Re: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Michael Widenius18 Apr
  • RE: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Brian Andrews18 Apr
    • Re: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Stephen Bognar18 Apr
      • Re: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Nathan Poole18 Apr
      • Re: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Peter Carter18 Apr
RE: One DSN for multiple databases on a single MySQL server???Dave Appleton18 Apr