List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:March 22 2000 11:35pm
Subject:Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on Unix
View as plain text
on 3/22/00 5:45 PM, Michael Widenius at monty@stripped wrote:

> Hi!
>
> A MySQL customer just asked me if anyone has been able to directly
> access rows in a Access97 database file on Unix.  If anyone has a
> solution or know a solution (even commercial) of this, please mail me
> about this.
>
> The idea is to, from time to time, copy Access97 datafiles to an Unix
> server and there extract the rows from them and put them into a MySQL
> database.
>
> Regards,
> Monty
>
> PS: I tried to search the email mailing archive before posting..

You can indirectly. One of the perks of using chilisoft's asp for
linux/solaris is a full - blown sqllnk implementation.

The easy way:

This will allow you to ref a Access97/2000 db on an NT box via odbc. You can
then use an ASP page and import the tables  via adodb script style to get
the deed done.

The harder way:

By SQLLNK separately and write a C program using standard ODBC calls to do
the transfer.

The BEST way:

Take 10 mins to write a VB application to transfer the data from the wintel
environment.

Thread
Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixMichael Widenius23 Mar
  • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixPeter Carter23 Mar
    • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixJames Lyon23 Mar
      • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixMichael Widenius23 Mar
    • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixJames Lyon23 Mar
  • RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixElizabeth Leonard23 Mar
    • RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixOrlando Andico23 Mar
  • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on Unixsinisa23 Mar
Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixEd Carp23 Mar
  • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixMichael Widenius23 Mar
    • RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixElizabeth Leonard23 Mar
      • RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixMichael Widenius24 Mar
Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixJohn Calder23 Mar
  • Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixAaron Johnson23 Mar
  • RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixKevin J. Morgan23 Mar
Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixDerek M Wickersham23 Mar
Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixRuben I Safir23 Mar
Re: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixDerek M Wickersham23 Mar
RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixJohn Calder24 Mar
  • RE: Converting Access tables to MySQL data on UnixSteve Lawrence24 Mar