List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oliver Artelt Date:March 11 1999 10:53pm
Subject:Re: MS Access & MyODBC
View as plain text
On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Doug Ledbetter wrote:

> I've tried using MS Access 97 to link to MySQL databases on a Linux server
> and limited success.
>
> I've had no trouble making the connection and viewing the data, but
> inserting and changing data has been a problem.
>
> Anybody else using MS Access to connect to a MySQL DB on a Unix server?

Hmh, try this:
- Have these linked mysql-Tables in Access got the primary key?
- Are you using 'unmatchable' field types (maybe timestamps)? Try to link
a test-table with only a textfield or so.
- Try the myodbc vsn 1 compatibility mode.
- use an odbc-logtool to analyze the odbc-traffic

oli.

Thread
MS Access & MyODBCDoug Ledbetter11 Mar
  • Re: MS Access & MyODBCOliver Artelt12 Mar
  • Re: MS Access & MyODBCChristian Mack12 Mar
Re: MS Access & MyODBCPatrick Sherrill12 Mar