List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simen Rønning Date:April 14 1999 9:48pm
Subject:Re: Access subfofrms do not work
View as plain text
> Michiel> 1. sorting seems to be a problem. I have coverted some
> Michiel>    queries into pass-through-queries, manually typing the
> Michiel>    SQL statement, and that fixed the sorting problem. However,
> Michiel>    pass-through queries are not updatable, i think, so I can
> Michiel>    not add or delete from the sorted form.
>
> Hi!
>
> Which Access version are you using?  I thought that with Access >
> Access 97 you should be able to use ORDER BY without any problem.

I had the same problem.  I use Acces 97 norwegian, but I think this problem exists in
all Access 97.
If you make sure that the sql statement that Access use also contains the 'group by'
statement, this should go fine.  (right click in the "auto-'spørring" windows an
choose 'totaler'.  (beleives 'spørring' is query in english versions, 'totaler'
-> no
clue.. ;)).
This problem comes only when getting data from two different tables.
This one works just fine:

SELECT ordrereg.OID, ordrereg.kundeID, kundereg.fornavn, kundereg.etternavn,
ordrereg.lokasjon, ordrereg.telefon, ordrereg.fax, ordrereg.teknikernr_open,
teknikerreg.teknikernavn, ordrereg.teknikernr_close, teknikerreg_1.teknikernavn,
ordrereg.prioritet, prioritet.beskrivelse, ordrereg.dato_begynt,
ordrereg.dato_ferdig, ordrereg.dato_lovt_ferdig, ordrereg.short_description
FROM teknikerreg AS teknikerreg_1 RIGHT JOIN (teknikerreg INNER JOIN ((prioritet
INNER JOIN (kundereg INNER JOIN ordrereg ON kundereg.kundeID = ordrereg.kundeID) ON
prioritet.prioritet = ordrereg.prioritet) LEFT JOIN varereg_ordre ON ordrereg.OID =
varereg_ordre.oid) ON teknikerreg.teknikernr = ordrereg.teknikernr_open) ON
teknikerreg_1.teknikernr = ordrereg.teknikernr_close
GROUP BY ordrereg.OID, ordrereg.kundeID, kundereg.fornavn, kundereg.etternavn,
ordrereg.lokasjon, ordrereg.telefon, ordrereg.fax, ordrereg.teknikernr_open,
teknikerreg.teknikernavn, ordrereg.teknikernr_close, teknikerreg_1.teknikernavn,
ordrereg.prioritet, prioritet.beskrivelse, ordrereg.dato_begynt,
ordrereg.dato_ferdig, ordrereg.dato_lovt_ferdig, ordrereg.short_description
ORDER BY ordrereg.OID;

Hope this was for some help for someone ;)

Simen Rønning

Thread
Access subfofrms do not workMichiel Kreutzer8 Apr
  • Access subfofrms do not workMichael Widenius11 Apr
    • use_databaseCalistra Research Labs11 Apr
    • ODBC through to a remote machine.David Carlson12 Apr
  • Re: use_databaseEd Carp11 Apr
  • Re: Access subfofrms do not workSimen Rønning15 Apr