List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pat Sherrill Date:February 7 2000 11:03am
Subject:Re: Access97 to access multiple databases from same MySQL servervia ODBC
View as plain text
I'm sorry, I jumped in the middle of this thread without seeing the previous
email.  If I understand what's going on here, you have attempted to create a
single DSN for multiple databases.  The Access MyODBC combination will allow
for multiple tables to one DSN, but not multiple databases with one DSN.
You would need make a DSN for each database.  I'm not aware of any way of
changing databases within a linked DSN by way of the Access interface.  This
could of course be accomplished with the native interface or with hand
coding using MSVC or similar and sending SqlDirect calls to the driver (not
for the uninitiated, however).

Someone on the list with more Access expertise may have a solution, but with
my level of expertise what you are trying to do with the Access interface is
not within reach.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Pat...
patrick@stripped