List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Bonnett Date:February 25 2014 1:46am
Subject:RE: How to treat the SET type field?
View as plain text
Hi Hirobon,

I was not aware of those multi-valued fields in Access.

I agree, I think the issue will be in the ODBC connector. ODBC is supposed to be a method
for connecting to all sorts of databases and accordingly it mostly only supports things
that are widely available. It looks in this case as if you might be able to get access to
the MySQL SET/ENUM columns in Access if the ODBC drive allowed it.

I have no experience modifying the ODBC driver. It is probably C++, which is a language I
have not worked with much. If you wanted to have a go, the first step would be to see if
you could at least build a working version of the driver yourself. If you can do that,
and get familiar with how it works, you could try modifying it to do what you want. To
make it generally useful you would want any changes to not cause a problem for anyone not
using Access as the client. That's how open source is supposed to work.

________

Carl Zeiss Vision Australia (Asia Pacific)
Global Business Solutions/Customer Enablement
Software Engineer

J o h n  B o n n e t t

Phone: +61 (0) 8 8392 8307
Fax: +61 (0) 8 8392 8160
Mailto: john.bonnett@stripped
www.zeiss.com/vision

This email, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or the
sender’s work.
Any review or distribution by any other person is prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please immediately contact the sender and delete all copies.