List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:lawrenty novitsky Date:December 19 2013 8:32pm
Subject:Re: Need help to Install Connector/odbc on Solaris 10
View as plain text
Hi,

On 19.12.2013 12:05, Bharath K N wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I have downloaded the package from the site and did the below commands.
>
> gzip -d mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.12-solaris10-x86-64bit.pkg.gz
> pkgadd -d mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.12-solaris10-x86-64bit.pkg
>
> The package was installed in /opt/mysql path and got below message
> Installation of <myodbc5> was successful.
>

> But I dont know how to use the below  commands
>
> $ cmake -G 'Unix Makefiles' -DDISABLE_GUI=1
> -DCONNECTOR_PLATFORM=solaris10-sparc-64bit -DMYSQL_CXX_LINKAGE=1
> '-DEXTRA_MYSQL_DEP=path_to_libssl.a;path_to_libcrypto.a;rt'
> -DWITH_UNIXODBC=1 -DODBC_INCLUDES=path_to_unixodbc_include_dir
> -DODBC_LIB_DIR=path_to_unixodbc_lib_dir
> '-DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS=-lsocket -lnsl -lCrun'
> $ make
> $ make install

These are commands to build the driver from the sources, and the name of
the package you installed suggests that it is binaries package. Thus you
do not need to run those commands - driver is already installed in your
system.

regards,
lawrin

> Please guide me how to figure it out.
>
> We have data direct drivers installed already in our unix box and it
> is working fine. But data direct doesnt allow connection for mysql
> community server. So we need this connector to be installed. Please
> let me know if any info is needed.
>
> Regards,
> Bharath

Thread
Need help to Install Connector/odbc on Solaris 10Bharath K N19 Dec
  • Re: Need help to Install Connector/odbc on Solaris 10lawrenty novitsky19 Dec