List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Bonnett Date:October 28 2013 11:25am
Subject:RE: Data management system connection
View as plain text
The things to check are:

When you try to connect you are using a particular user name. Is that user name defined in
the database?
The user has a password. Are you giving the correct password?
In the GRANT statement that gives the user permission to connect it also specifies what
hosts you can connect from, maybe a specific one, maybe some wildcard expression for the
host name/IP or perhaps a wildcard of '%' which allows any host. Is the host you are
trying to connect from allowed for this user?

I think that is all.

I am not sure if spaces in the user name are a good idea either.

This is covered in the manual.

________

Carl Zeiss Vision Australia (Asia Pacific)
Calculation Services
Software Engineer

J o h n   B o n n e t t

Phone: +61 (0) 8 8392 8307