List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Honza Horak Date:August 26 2013 1:52pm
Subject:Re: mysql
View as plain text
On 08/26/2013 03:39 PM, Lebogang Maloisane wrote:
> CentOS release 5.9 (Final)
>   this is what i am uisng

Great, then mysql-server should be available.

This is weird, I see that package on the mirror mirror.ufs.ac.za:
http://mirror.ufs.ac.za/centos/5.9/updates/x86_64/RPMS/mysql-server-5.0.95-5.el5_9.x86_64.rpm

If "rpm -q mysql-server" still doesn't print any output (i.e.
mysql-server is still not installed), try to check your repository
settings, clean yum cache ("yum clean all") or install necessary RPMs
manually by downloading then from the mirror above eventually.

After installing mysql-server you should be able to start the daemon by
running the following by root:
# service mysqld start

Regards,
Honza