I'm having a strange problem.
You'll all have to excuse me, I have very little knowledge of ODBC, so I
might have got this all wrong.
We are using Altium Designer, a CAD program for electronics development.
In Altium we use a database link against our MySQL server holding the
company part database. Altium db link is ODBC based, so its setup with a
We have strange problems using the MySQL ODBC which we don't understand.
After extensive testing we observe the following:
- We MUST use mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.4-win32.msi, even on 64-bit
Windows7, using the connection string "Driver=MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver;"
- If the 32-bit 5.2.4 is installed, the driver is not listed in control
panel's odbc driver list, but works against Altium.
- If the 64-bit 5.2.4 driver is installed, it is listed in the odbc
driver list, but it does NOT work in Altium. Error: Microsoft OLE DB
Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source
name not found and no default driver specified
- If I install the current 5.2.5, it never only works with the 32-bit
driver using the connection string "Driver=MySQL ODBC 5.2 ANSI Driver;",
although EXTREMELY SLOW. Changing to unicode driver does not help.
- The 64-bit 5.2.5 driver is visible in odbc control panel, but it does
work against Altium.
Can someone please explain why it behaves this way?
|• Problems with ODBC||Svein Seldal||28 May 2013|