List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Crowley Date:April 23 2012 10:50pm
Subject:Odd result from MySQL 3.23.58 ODBC 3.51
View as plain text
I am trying to connect to an admittedly pretty old MySQL engine running on Linux.  The
application is hosted on Windows.

Turning the trace on shows:

ENTER SQLExecDirectW
HSTMT               0x001957B0
WCHAR *             0x00CC8A08 [      -3] "select
Customers.ID,Purchases.OrderDate,Customers.Name,Customers.Company,Customers.State,Customers.Country
from Customers,Purchases where Customers.ID=Purchases.CustomerID LIMIT 250;\ 0"
SDWORD                    -3

EXIT  SQLExecDirectW  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
HSTMT               0x001957B0
WCHAR *             0x00CC8A08 [      -3] "select
Customers.ID,Purchases.OrderDate,Customers.Name,Customers.Company,Customers.State,Customers.Country
from Customers,Purchases where Customers.ID=Purchases.CustomerID LIMIT 250;\ 0"
SDWORD                    -3

EXIT  SQLGetDiagRecW  with return code 100 (SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND)
SQLSMALLINT                  3 <SQL_HANDLE_STMT>
SQLHANDLE           0x001957B0
SQLSMALLINT                  1
SQLWCHAR *          0x003EE894
SQLINTEGER *        0x003EE888
SQLWCHAR *          0x003EE23C
SQLSMALLINT                801
SQLSMALLINT *       0x003EE230

So, there is no error information available just the -1 return code from the
SQLExecDirectW function.  I tried using SQLError instead of SQLGetDiagRecW and there was
no difference in the result.

I have taken this same select statement and run it through MySQL Front and the mysql
command on Linux and both produce 250 rows of output, just as expected.  I am at a bit of
a loss here - I do not know what the error is and I don't know how to find out more about
what the error might be.  The binary log on the server shows nothing but it is apparently
not logging select statements.

I am sure it is something that I am doing in ODBC with this, but other select statements
are working fine.  Any suggestions?

Paul Crowley
480-963-2390 / www.infinadyne.com
[cid:image001.gif@stripped]

Odd result from MySQL 3.23.58 ODBC 3.51Paul Crowley23 Apr