List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Bonnett Date:January 30 2012 10:25am
Subject:RE: How to connect Mysql Install on windows by ODBC from the
different Loaction
View as plain text
This is possible but the first thing you need to arrange is how your user can access your
machine at all from the other state. That is matter of networking, firewalls etc. and
nothing to do with MySQL.

Once you are sure you have network access arranged you will need to tell your user the IP
address/URL of your machine, the name of the database, the user name to use and the
password. Armed with that he should be able to set up an ODBC data source in
administrative tools in control panel. With that set up he can create links to the
required tables from inside Access by choosing the ODBC data source.

John Bonnett