List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 10 1999 7:28pm
Subject:Access subfofrms do not work
View as plain text
>>>>> "Michiel" == Michiel Kreutzer <M.T.Kreutzer@stripped>
> writes:

Michiel> Hi,
Michiel> I have been trying to split a MS Access database into an access frontend
Michiel> and a mysql-backend on linux, linked by myODBC. So far most of
Michiel> functionality is there, but I still have some mayor problems:

Michiel> 1. sorting seems to be a problem. I have coverted some
Michiel>    queries into pass-through-queries, manually typing the
Michiel>    SQL statement, and that fixed the sorting problem. However,
Michiel>    pass-through queries are not updatable, i think, so I can
Michiel>    not add or delete from the sorted form.

Hi!

Which Access version are you using?  I thought that with Access >
Access 97 you should be able to use ORDER BY without any problem.

Michiel> 2. When I add a new record in a form containing a linked
Michiel>    subform, the subform is empty. This is really annoying, and
Michiel>    I have not been able to fix this in any way. When all was
Michiel>    running under Access, I had no problems. This is the situation
Michiel>    in short:

Michiel> 	In MySQL: three tables Customer, Order and Products
Michiel> 	          These are linked into access.

Michiel> 	In Access: From the tables queries are defined, on for the
Michiel>                    form, containing fields from the Customer and Order
Michiel>  	           tables. The query for the subform contains fields
Michiel> 	           from Products, including an Order_ID to match the
Michiel> 	           form and subform.

Michiel> 	           When I open the form and click for a new record, the
Michiel> 	           subform is empty, where it should be filled with a
Michiel> 	           blank record (with only Order_Id filled in).

Michiel>    Does anybody have an idea what causes this behavioour, and how it
Michiel>    be solved?

I hope someone else can answer this one...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Access subfofrms do not workMichiel Kreutzer8 Apr
  • Access subfofrms do not workMichael Widenius11 Apr
    • use_databaseCalistra Research Labs11 Apr
    • ODBC through to a remote machine.David Carlson12 Apr
  • Re: use_databaseEd Carp11 Apr
  • Re: Access subfofrms do not workSimen Rønning15 Apr