List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Bonnett Date:June 10 2011 12:14am
Subject:RE: Mysql connection Error
View as plain text
Connecting to MySQL database in C# is quite easy. Just make sure you have the MySQL.Data
connector installed and have a reference to it in your C# project, then the following
code should get you connected.
You need to replace the things in angle brackets below with values appropriate for your
installation.

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection MySQLConnection;
String ConnectionString;

ConnectionString = "Database=<Database name>;Data Source=<URL or IP
Address>;User Id=<User name>;Password=<password>";
MySQLConnection = New MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection(ConnectionString);
MySQLConnection.Open();

Carl Zeiss Vision
Software Engineer
Asia Pacific