List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<mike.rawlins Date:April 14 2011 5:01pm
Subject:RE: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1
View as plain text
Martin Evans wrote:

"You need to install the unixODBC driver manager. Depending on your linux distribution you
might be able to install it as a package in which case look for unixodbc-bin or something
like that. It will supply libodbc.so and libodbcinst.so."

Thanks, that's a start, but in running a search and looking over the downloads I can't see
anything like that.  Might it be available under a different name?

If it helps, I'm building the application on a machine that does not have MySQL installed.
Do I need it, or can I just build with the ODBC drivers and the driver manager that you
reference?

Mike Rawlins
Sr. Software Engineer
Chair, ASC X12 Technical Assessment Subcommittee
18111 Preston Road, Suite 600
Dallas, TX 75252
+1 972.643.3101 direct
mike.rawlins@stripped
www.gxs.com
GXS Blog
Thread
Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1mike.rawlins14 Apr
  • Re: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1Martin J. Evans14 Apr
    • RE: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1mike.rawlins14 Apr
      • RE: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1mike.rawlins14 Apr