List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<mike.rawlins Date:April 14 2011 4:35pm
Subject:Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1
View as plain text
Hi,

I have an ODBC application on LINUX that needs to access databases on other machines using
ODBC. I've downloaded the myodbc driver tarball for LINUX.  I have a demo program that
works with other drivers, but when I try to link to just the MYSql ODBC drivers I get the
following:

make
g++ -g -m32 -o demoodbc -I../include demoodbc.c -L../lib -lmyodbc5 -lc
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libodbcinst.so.1, needed by ../lib/libmyodbc5.so, not found (try
using -rpath or -rpath-link)
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLSetConfigMode'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLValidDSN'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLInstallDriverEx'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLGetPrivateProfileString'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLRemoveDSNFromIni'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLPostInstallerError'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLGetConfigMode'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLWritePrivateProfileString'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLRemoveDriver'
../lib/libmyodbc5.so: undefined reference to `SQLWriteDSNToIni'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [demoodbc] Error 1

This shared library file was not in the distribution. Any idea where I can get it?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Rawlins
Sr. Software Engineer
Chair, ASC X12 Technical Assessment Subcommittee
18111 Preston Road, Suite 600
Dallas, TX 75252
+1 972.643.3101 direct
mike.rawlins@stripped<mailto:mike.rawlins@stripped@inovis.com>
www.gxs.com<http://www.inovis.com/>
GXS Blog<http://blogs.inovis.com/>
[cid:image001.gif@stripped]

Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1mike.rawlins14 Apr
  • Re: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1Martin J. Evans14 Apr
    • RE: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1mike.rawlins14 Apr
      • RE: Linking on LINUX with ODBC drivers - missing libodbcinst.so.1mike.rawlins14 Apr