List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Al McNicoll Date:January 5 2011 10:06am
Subject:RE: Error 3197
View as plain text
Hi Jerry,

The consensus on the forums seems to be to replace the native DAO / ADO Update methods
with SQL Executes.

e.g.
rs.Open
rs.FindFirst "ID = 24601"
rs!TastesLike = "chicken"
rs.Update
rs.Close

becomes
con.Execute "UPDATE animaltable SET TastesLike='chicken' WHERE ID = 24601"

I appreciate that this isn't always a simple rewrite, and I don't know whether it's
practical for your application, but it seems to have had more success than other
suggestions.

See also: http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?65,44969,44969#msg-44969

Kind regards,

Al