List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Al McNicoll Date:December 21 2010 9:33am
Subject:RE: Mysql connection Error
View as plain text
Hi Mubarak,

It looks to me as though you're trying to connect to a MySQL server on port
8443 (that's the bit after the colon in https://174.133.216.21:8443/). To my
knowledge, the most common use of port 8443 is for Plesk or Parallels
administration. MySQL runs by default on port 3306. Try either removing the
:8443 or else replacing it with :3306.

Also, you said that you'd include your connection string. I can't see it
anywhere.

By the way, try having a look at http://www.connectionstrings.com/mysql for
general help on MySQL connection strings.

Kind regards,

Al McNicoll
Integritec (UK) Limited