Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.8, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database management system, has been released. This release is
the latest release of the 5.1 series and is suitable for use with any
MySQL version since 4.1 (It will not work with 4.0 or earlier
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at
this point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror,
please try again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes,
The MySQL Build Team at Oracle
* MySQL ODBC Connector on Windows 2008 64bit. (Bug #56233)
* SQLNumResultCols() causes the driver to return only first row in the
resultset. (Bug #56677)
* Connector/ODBC 5.1 series requires uninstall prior to installing a new
version. (Bug #54314)
* SQLDescribeCol and SQLColAttribute cannot be called before SQLExecute.
* Errors would not be reported in bulk upload. (Bug #56804)
* MSI installer does not set InstallLocation value in registry. (Bug #56978)
* SQLProcedureColumns doesn't work with certain data/parameters combinations.
* SQLRowCount return wrong result row count for SQLTables and some other
catalog functions. (Bug #57182)
Built against the client library from MySQL Server 5.1.46sp1.
Kent Boortz, Senior Production Engineer
Sun Microsystems Inc., the MySQL team
Office: +46 863 11 363
Mobile: +46 70 279 11 71
|• MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.8 is available!||Kent Boortz||9 Nov|