List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Al McNicoll Date:June 11 2008 2:27pm
Subject:RE: Object Variable not set
View as plain text
Dear Kev,

That sounds like a straight VBA error - the only way I could see it being
linked to MyODBC would be if MyODBC was returning an unusual value which led
to VBA running a different branch of code - can you post the code which
gives you the error? I imagine it might be something like
myCombo_AfterUpdate.

The VBA error means that an object variable (ie not just a string / number,
but an ADO connection or a comboBox control or something like that) is set
to Nothing, or that the code which assigns it is missing "Set" before the
line.

EITHER

Dim myRecordset As ADODB.Recordset
myRecordset.Open("SELECT 1",adStatic) ' This recordset is still "Nothing"

OR

myRecordset = myCon.Execute("SELECT 1") ' This statement is missing the
initial "Set"
should read:
Set myRecordset = myCon.Execute("SELECT 1")

Hope that helps - if it is a VBA error, feel free to email me rather than
posting to the board.

Kind regards,

Al McNicoll
Integritec Limited