List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Al McNicoll Date:June 5 2008 9:18am
Subject:RE: Mysql server has gone away error
View as plain text
Dear Ratnesh,

I develop using Access / MyODBC / MySQL 5.x on a daily basis, and I have to
admit that I've found that MyODBC 5 has been less reliable than 3.51.x -
maybe try installing 3.51.x as well (they can co-exist peacefully) and see
if you have fewer issues with that...

Otherwise, I recommend the following:
- Check in the documentation that you're using the right connection
settings:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/myodbc-configuration-connection-param
eters.html
- Look on the MySQL / Access forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?65
- Post back to this list, explaining how you're connecting to the server
(are you using a System Data Source, a User Data Source - are you connecting
using ADO?)

Al McNicoll
Integritec Limited