List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell Smith Date:February 13 2007 3:56pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.12 on Windows Server 2003 x64
View as plain text
Is there any way to get .Net to use the MySQL ODBC driver on Windows Server
2003 64-bit?

I've installed the MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.12 driver on Windows Server
2003 64-bit and have tried to access the driver using a C#/.Net program. The
error message reads that the driver is not found. The program works fine on
Windows XP 32-bit.

I can find the driver in %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe, but I am unable
to find a reference to it using Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Data
Sources (ODBC). There is not an entry in
ODBC driver.

I've tried the procedure in the User Comments section of I
was unable to get it to work, most probably due to misunderstanding the
instructions. I was confused by two of the instructions: "Proceed along the
instructions above, do not use installer.bat" and "Register the driver with
regedit". I did copy the files into the proper directories and attempted to
register the .dlls using regsvr32. The error message from regsvr32 reads:

myodbc3s.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not

This file can not be registered.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.12 on Windows Server 2003 x64Russell Smith13 Feb