List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:November 17 2006 8:08pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedback
View as plain text
Martin J. Evans wrote:

> Daniel Kasak wrote:
>
>> In Access, I go to link tables and then select the DSN. I get a blank
>> DSN setup dialog ( that I just filled in ), so I fill them in again
>> and then get a list of all the tables in my selected database. I
>> select a table, hit OK, and it appears as a linked table in Access.
>> Each new table I link I have to fill in all these details again,
>> however when I go to the ODBC configuration panel in the Windows
>> control panel and edit the DSN, all the details are filled in, but
>> Access isn't seeing them when making new table connections.
>

> Access saves the output connection string to use for the next link
> tables (if you enable the view on system tables you can see it). I'd
> guess myodbc is not returning it (see SQLDriverConnect and the
> OutConnectionString argument). That sounds like a bug in myodbc driver.
>
> Martin
> --
> Martin J. Evans
> Easysoft Limited
> http://www.easysoft.com

Martin,

Sounds like a good thing for us to verify :)

Thanks!

--
Peter Harvey, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackDaniel Kasak16 Nov
  • Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackMartin J. Evans16 Nov
    • Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackPeter Harvey17 Nov
  • Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackPeter Harvey17 Nov