List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Johnson Date:November 16 2006 8:14pm
Subject:DTS Sometimes gets 0 rows
View as plain text
I have MS DTS package that pulls records from one MySQL server and puts them into an
identical table on another MySQL server.  The Query is like the following:

Select * from scheme.table where modify between @a and @b;

Modify is a TimeStamp field that has default and on Update set to CurrentTimeStamp.  We
always pull records from the last pull (@a) to the present (@b = Now()) which are set at
the beginning of the DTS package and stored in a local table on the source DB.  We pull 6
tables in this package.  Initially we have done all 6 in parallel but we have rewritten
them to be sequential.  When we run them together, 90% of the time, one DATA PUMP gets
zero rows even when there is data.  The Data Pump does not report an error.  When we go
back into the design and execute the Data Pump manually it works.  Is there a MySQL
setting we should have set that may be causing this?  We are using ODBC 3.51.12 with MySQL
5.0.24.  It seems to fail for the same table consistently and then after few attempts will
switch and start to fail for a different table, but always work when we execute just that
ONE Data Pump manually through the designer.

1315 West 22nd Street

Suite 225

Oak Brook, IL 60523

Phone: 630.214-1057 x206

Mobile: 630.441-8300

Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:tjohnson@stripped"tjohnson@stripped

The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, delete any
copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain copy
or use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any
other person.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

DTS Sometimes gets 0 rowsThomas Johnson16 Nov
  • Re: DTS Sometimes gets 0 rowsDaniel Kasak16 Nov
    • Re: DTS Sometimes gets 0 rowsMike Harknett20 Nov
  • RE: DTS Sometimes gets 0 rowsAl McNicoll20 Nov