List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin J. Evans Date:November 16 2006 8:29am
Subject:Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedback
View as plain text
Daniel Kasak wrote:

> In Access, I go to link tables and then select the DSN. I get a blank
> DSN setup dialog ( that I just filled in ), so I fill them in again and
> then get a list of all the tables in my selected database. I select a
> table, hit OK, and it appears as a linked table in Access. Each new
> table I link I have to fill in all these details again, however when I
> go to the ODBC configuration panel in the Windows control panel and edit
> the DSN, all the details are filled in, but Access isn't seeing them
> when making new table connections.

Access saves the output connection string to use for the next link
tables (if you enable the view on system tables you can see it). I'd
guess myodbc is not returning it (see SQLDriverConnect and the
OutConnectionString argument). That sounds like a bug in myodbc driver.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited