List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:November 16 2006 3:30am
Subject:MyODBC 5.00.07 feedback
View as plain text
I just finished testing MyODBC 5.00.07 with MS Access 2002 ( sp3 ) on
Windows 2000 ( sp4, MDAC-2.8, all Windows Updates ). I have also tested
with the 'current' msjet40.dll that Windows Update pushed, as well as
msjet40_v_4.0.8618.0.dll as per directions in

I can create a System DSN.

In Access, I go to link tables and then select the DSN. I get a blank
DSN setup dialog ( that I just filled in ), so I fill them in again and
then get a list of all the tables in my selected database. I select a
table, hit OK, and it appears as a linked table in Access. Each new
table I link I have to fill in all these details again, however when I
go to the ODBC configuration panel in the Windows control panel and edit
the DSN, all the details are filled in, but Access isn't seeing them
when making new table connections.

I then open the table, and get an error message from Access: "ODBC--call
failed.", and a datasheet full of #NAME? I have tried with simple tables
with just mediumints in it, and also with and without a timestamp(14) field.

Also Access crashed on a relatively large number of occasions while
linking and opening tables, and also would crash when I exited Access
'normally'. Then each time I restarted Access and went to open a table,
I would get the DSN dialog with all the details filled in apart from the
username and password.

Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
NUS Consulting Group
Level 5, 77 Pacific Highway
North Sydney, NSW, Australia 2060
T: (+61) 2 9922-7676 / F: (+61) 2 9922 7989
email: dkasak@stripped
MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackDaniel Kasak16 Nov
  • Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackMartin J. Evans16 Nov
    • Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackPeter Harvey17 Nov
  • Re: MyODBC 5.00.07 feedbackPeter Harvey17 Nov