List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:November 16 2006 3:30am
Subject:MyODBC 5.00.07 feedback
View as plain text
I just finished testing MyODBC 5.00.07 with MS Access 2002 ( sp3 ) on
Windows 2000 ( sp4, MDAC-2.8, all Windows Updates ). I have also tested
with the 'current' msjet40.dll that Windows Update pushed, as well as
msjet40_v_4.0.8618.0.dll as per directions in
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=9932.

I can create a System DSN.

In Access, I go to link tables and then select the DSN. I get a blank
DSN setup dialog ( that I just filled in ), so I fill them in again and
then get a list of all the tables in my selected database. I select a
table, hit OK, and it appears as a linked table in Access. Each new
table I link I have to fill in all these details again, however when I
go to the ODBC configuration panel in the Windows control panel and edit
the DSN, all the details are filled in, but Access isn't seeing them
when making new table connections.

I then open the table, and get an error message from Access: "ODBC--call
failed.", and a datasheet full of #NAME? I have tried with simple tables
with just mediumints in it, and also with and without a timestamp(14) field.

Also Access crashed on a relatively large number of occasions while
linking and opening tables, and also would crash when I exited Access
'normally'. Then each time I restarted Access and went to open a table,
I would get the DSN dialog with all the details filled in apart from the
username and password.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer