List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ionut Gorea Date:November 8 2006 8:41am
Subject:Problems with ODBC connector v5
View as plain text
Hi,

I want to report some problems I've encountered while trying to migrate from
connector v3.51 to v5. I've been using the combination of Microsoft Visual
FoxPro and a MySQL backend for almost two years without any major problems
(except the lack of support from the connector part for stored procedures
and other MySQL v5 features).

Problem no. 1: Recently I installed connector v 5.0.5, set up a User DNS and
changed into the program code to use this connection. Everything worked fine
(I was even able to call a stored procedure) except the fact that for every
column set as TEXT on the mysql server I received an empty string instead of
the actual content although with v3.51 connector this didn't happen. I did
not report this issue hopping that the next release of connector v5 will
solve it, but

Problem no. 2: I installed yesterday v5.0.6 (removing first the v5.0.5) and
did the same settings for the DNS connection as I've done for v5.0.5. The
problem is now I can't connect to the mysql server. The SQLCONNECT() cannot
setup a connection. I uninstall v5.0.6 and installed v.5.0.5 and everything
worked fine. I repeated this process for several times with the same
results.

Technical details: - server side: MySQL 5.0.18

                          - client side: Windows 2003 Standard Edition;
Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9 (if it helps with something)

Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks,

 Ionut

Thread
Problems with ODBC connector v5Ionut Gorea8 Nov
  • RE: Problems with ODBC connector v5Ionut Gorea9 Nov